BEFORE you go on holiday with your dog- read this! – Dog Trainer Tips
- Make sure your dogs vaccinations are up to date!
- Don’t forget flea, tick and worming tablets
- Ask your vet if there is anything your dog might be at risk of at your destination. Have there been any increased amounts of alabama rot, tick borne diseases, etc.
- Are there any wildlife that could present a risk? Adders in the UK, coyotes, venomous spiders etc.
- Find a veterinarian that is local to where you are staying and save their location and phone number.
- Plan your visit. Make sure all the places you want to go accept pets. Check if beaches allow dogs all year round or just specific times.
- Make a list of all the things your dog needs. Food, dishes, bedding, medication, leads, collars, harnesses, toys, treats.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.