BEFORE you go on holiday with your dog- read this! – Dog Trainer Tips
- Make sure your dogs vaccinations are up to date!
- Don’t forget flea, tick and worming tablets
- Ask your vet if there is anything your dog might be at risk of at your destination. Have there been any increased amounts of alabama rot, tick borne diseases, etc.
- Are there any wildlife that could present a risk? Adders in the UK, coyotes, venomous spiders etc.
- Find a veterinarian that is local to where you are staying and save their location and phone number.
- Plan your visit. Make sure all the places you want to go accept pets. Check if beaches allow dogs all year round or just specific times.
- Make a list of all the things your dog needs. Food, dishes, bedding, medication, leads, collars, harnesses, toys, treats.