Using a long line correctly – Dog trainer tips
- Always clip on to a harness, never a collar to prevent injury to the neck.
- Use the long line to practise training recall.
- Before you let your dog off lead, test that she is listening by giving her a cue she knows really well.
- If you are not confident she will come back, allow the lead to drag on the floor while practising recall.
- Start with a shorter long line, when she can successfully be recalled from a 5 metre distance, increase the distance you allow her to wander.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.